What is Office365?
Office365 is a cloud based email service provided through a partnership between the University and Microsoft using Microsoft’s Office365 service.
It will allow you access from anywhere to your Lincoln email, contacts, personal calendar and includes mobile access, file editing and sharing using office web apps. These key features are outlined below.
Outlook Web App
Feature rich web browser access to your University email, contacts and personal calendar.
- 50 GB of mailbox storage
- Schedule meetings quick and easily with other students.
Office Web Apps
Create and edit Microsoft Office documents in your web browser.
- The Office Web Apps include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote
OneDrive - 1TB of storage
Access your OneDrive via your Office 365 account
- Easily upload documents via the web.
- Create new office documents on your OneDrive.
- Edit office documents in your web browser.
- Share documents with your fellow students.
How do I access Office365?
Getting the latest version of Office365 for FREE
As a Lincoln student, you are able to download, install and use Office365 on your personal device (Windows or Mac Operating System) while you are enrolled, for free.
- Login to Office 365 emails at www.outlook.com/lincolnuni.ac.nz using your Lincoln University Email address and network password.
- Click on "Office 365" in the top left-hand corner.
- Click on the "Install now" button.
Microsoft Office on Mac
Before you download Microsoft Office for Mac you need to know what version of OS X you have. Find this version number by clicking on the Apple logo at the top left-hand corner and click on About This Mac
- If you have 10.10 or higher you will be able to download Microsoft Office 2016.
- If you have 10.7 or higher, you will be able to download Microsoft Office 2011.
Do you have Microsoft Office already installed? No problem! You can register your copy of Office by opening up any Microsoft Office program and sign into an existing Office 365 subscription with your Lincoln University email address .
Please note your license to continue using Microsoft Office365, OneDrive for Business, and Skype for Business rely on your enrolment status remaining current. When you graduate or discontinue study at Lincoln there are changes to your use of these services.
As a Lincoln student you will no longer have access to OneDrive for Business, locally installed Microsoft Office365 and the online version of Microsoft Office365, from one month after you cease to be registered, therefore you will need to copy/move your documents before this happens. Any files not removed will be deleted and cannot be recovered.
From 2015 your email account is also affected by your enrolment status, your email remains active for only 12 months after you cease to be registered. An email will be sent, to your LincolnUni address, prior to the deletion of this mailbox along with all mailbox contents.
See the help pages for Office365
Also FAQs for Office365 and OneDrive
Want more information?
Contact: IT Service Desk
Phone: +64 3 423 0100