Before you start you will need to get a prepaid voucher for 'Three' or '3' (a UK mobile company). They are available in most UK supermarkets etc. A twenty or twenty five pound voucher is recommended for most users’ needs.
- Turn on the MiFi by pressing and holding down the power key for two seconds.
- Your MiFi should automatically connect to the Three network and turn on the Wi-Fi signal. It usually takes at least a minute to connect to the network. Once you're connected, you'll see a 3 on the screen
- In wireless networks on your device (iPad, iPhone etc) you will see a new network broadcasting (SSID) - it will be something like 3MobileWiFi-ab5a, try and connect to it
- It will ask you for a password (WiFi Key), you obtain the password by pressing the button on the device which has a “Key” symbol on it, this then shows a series of numbers, this is your password
- Enter the password into your device, you should then successfully connect to the network
Open up your web browser and go to http://3.home - on the screen should be My3 account - click in there and top-up the account with your voucher as per image below, you can use a credit card if you have access to a UK credit card, an NZ one will not work.
After you’ve topped-up you can start surfing the Net.
The screen shows your current connection strength, how many Wi-Fi devices are connected, the battery level, the amount of data used and the time you’ve been connected.
Power for Mi-Fi Device
You can either connect the USB cable from the UK wall plug adaptor to the device, or connect the USB cable from a USB port on your laptop/device to the Mi-Fi unit. If you have the cradle, then the USB cable can be plugged into this.
Phone: 'Three' on 08433730500 (when in the UK)
From abroad +44 7782333500