This page describes the information you need to setup your iPhone or iPad to receive email from your Staff email lincoln.ac.nz account.
The information here will probably provide enough detail for you to setup any device including Android phones and tablets.
- Tap 'Settings'
- scroll to 'Mail contacts calendar'
- tap 'Mail contacts calendar'
- tap 'Add account'
- tap 'Microsoft Exchange'
- enter your email address
- enter your domain: LU
- enter your username: [ this is the one you use to logon to your computer on campus, e.g. smithj ]
- enter your password: [ this is the one you use to logon to your computer on campus ]
- enter a description so you can click on it when using mail on your phone
- click next
You may be asked for the Exchange server - if so, enter "owa.lincoln.ac.nz"
You may be asked if you want to use SSL - say yes
- From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > Add account > Email
- Tap Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Enter your Email address and Password [ this is the password you use to logon to your computer on campus ]and touch Next
- In case you're prompted that the Setup could not finish, tap Edit details
- Tap Domain/username and enter the necessary information. [this is the one you use to logon to your computer on campus E.g LU\smithj
- The password is already populated from the previous steps
- You may be asked for the Exchange server - if so, enter "owa.lincoln.ac.nz"
- Check Use secure connection (SSL) as well as Use client certificate as necessary and tap Next
- Read the Activation notice in case you're prompted and tap OK
- Make the desired syncing and delivery settings -> tap Next when finished
- Finally, name your Exchange account and tap Done
Congratulations! The Exchange account has been set up!
You should now be able to see mail on your phone by going back to the main screen and tapping the mail icon and choosing the name you gave the account.